- Smart Card Reader with keypad, LCD display and fingerprint verification module
- Fingerprint templates are stored on the iCLASS® card for added security
- Flexible levels of security with card, PIN and fingerprint options
Using 13.56 MHz contactless smart card technology, these iCLASS® products provide users with new options for supporting multi-authentication of identity. Users can combine contactless card presentation with a fingerprint biometric. Personal identification numbers (PIN) can be used with a contactless card presentation.
- The iCLASS RWKL550 read/write is a contactless smart card reader with keypad and LCD display.
- The bioCLASS RWKLB575 read/write is a contactless smart card reader with keypad, LCD display and fingerprint biometric verification.
- The bioCLASS BIO500 fingerprint biometric verification module is an addition that can be used to upgrade existing RWKL550 readers.
The bioCLASS products provide three levels of fingerprint verification. During the enrollment process, the CP575 is connected to a PC via a USB port. The software will guide the user to place a finger on the sensor. The fingerprint template is collected at the unit and immediately transferred to the card. During this enrollment process, the fingerprint template is stored ONLY on the card; it is never transmitted to an external host. During verification at the door, the LCD graphical display assists the user with instructions about finger placement on the biometric sensor.